Sunday, February 24, 2008

Toys to sew


Fuzzy Felted Friends by Saori Yamazaki.

Recently I have started crafting objects, dolls, and sewing stuffed animals. My goal and challenge being to design like Anano.




I bought the book Softies : Simple Instructions for 25 Plush Pals. I don't regret it, the explanations are awesome, the illustrations beautiful and the patterns easy to follow.



I also bought Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! and received it yesterday. The book is really cute, but it requires starting crochet. The book offers beginner crochet lessons, and it seems so easy! it is well organized as it starts with lessons, with examples and outstanding pictures of cute creatures, and finishes with pattern methods.



If you are already into crochet, her other book Lacy Crochet seems a great choice.






The books that I pre-ordered are Toys to Sew: Dozens of Patterns for Dolls, Animals, Doll Clothes, and Accessories.



Sweet Needle Felts: 25 Projects to Wear, Give & Hug



Little Felted Animals : Create 16 Irresistible Creatures with Simple Needle-Felting Techniques by Marie-Noelle Horvath. If you have any outstanding craft book you recommend, let me know!



Finally, a magazine that keeps me going in crafting is CRAFT: Transforming Traditional Crafts, a magazine I subscribe to and that i recommend to any crafter!



Posted by Cati Vaucelle
The Terminally Juvenile
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi !
"little felted animals" it's my book !!!
you can see some animals and the french cover on my blog http://laboviolette.canalblog.com/.
thanks for your post !